Clitoris feels highly stimulated all day. No sexual activity or masturbation. Remedy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
My clitoris feels highly stimulated all day today with no sexual activity or masterbation. It's so bad, im having trouble sleeping.
Posted Tue, 11 Jun 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 43 minutes later
Hello
There is a high concentration of nerve endings in the clitoris and in the area immediately surrounding it.The abundance of nerve endings in the clitoris makes it very sensitive to direct or indirect touch or pressure. Stimulation of the clitoral area can be very pleasurable.
When aroused, the clitoris swells sometimes to twice its size.Blood flow to that area (like the blood flow to the male penis) causes this swelling.Direct contact to this area can be either pleasurable or painful depending on the type of contact.Too much rubbing directly on the clitoris can cause it to become desensitized and painful.
clitoral pain can also be caused by vaginal secretions getting under the hood of the clitoris. pull the hood back and use a Q-tip to gently clean away anything that has been trapped under the hood.
Make sure you have orgasm everytime you have sex or masturbate, as built up tension could cause this problem.
Also consult a gynecologist to rule out any local causes of engorgement or any neural trouble.

take care,
Feel free to discuss further.

Follow-up: Clitoris feels highly stimulated all day. No sexual activity or masturbation. Remedy? 24 minutes later
It's not painful, just feeling highly aroused. I used a vibrator yesterday several times. Could that cause this heightened sensation and will it subside?

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 52 minutes later
Well you said ' no masturbation ', otherwise I could have straightaway told you it was the vibrator that is the reason.
Of course it would subside.
Use cold compresses if its uncomfortable meanwhile.

Follow-up: Clitoris feels highly stimulated all day. No sexual activity or masturbation. Remedy? 11 minutes later
Sorry, the vibrator use was yesterday, so it's been over 24 hours now that the tingly aroused feeling has been present, despite not having any sexual contact since the vibrator use. I'm very anxious over this and worried about persistent genital arousal disorder.

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 6 hours later
Well, if this is a one - off, isolated incident, you need not worry about persistent genital arousal disorder.
Avoid the vibrator for a few days.
if you have sex, make sure you do have an orgasm.
If the symptoms persist over the next few days also, you need to see a doctor.