Clear filled bumps appeared on inner thigh and arm. Diagnosed with molluscum contagiosum. Advice?

My 7 yr old daughter has these pimple like pumps on inner thigh and on her right arm. They are risen with a clear filled background and a white ball in center. A dr said it was molluscum contagiosum but it doesn't seem to match the images googled. Also, how is that common in children yet associated as an STD in adults.
Please any feedback is greatly appreciAted,
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 2 hours later
I have seen the picture and the bumps look like molluscum contagiosum only.

Molluscum contagiosum is a common, benign, self limiting viral infection of the skin. It generally affects children and typically occurs in the 2-5 age group.It presents as small, dome-shaped papules, often with a central depression or plug and are contagious. It is not sexually transmitted in children but can be transmitted by skin to skin contact with infected individuals.

It has to be removed by a dermatologist by various treatment methods like physical destruction or manual extrusion of the lesions, cryotherapy, and curettage.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.