Child vomiting after meals. After medicine vomiting has not stopped. Feeding veelac, lactogen and no brestfeeding. Suggest?

Dear Doctor,
My son whos age is 9 Month from begining he use to omit a lot after meals, even after lot of prescreptions from doctors still his omitings are not stopping, kindly help me in this regards. Presently we are feeding Veelac, ceralac, Lactogen etc NO mother milk Please help
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 26 hours later
Hi Dear
Welcome to the board of XXXXXXX

Dear friend, weight of your child at this age is very important to explain the matter properly.
I would like to explain in this manner
GER (Gastro Esophageal Reflux) is a quite common problem in some children. Many times they are labelled as `Happy spitters`.
•     Many times we are over feeding our child enthusiastically.
•     Many times babies are not in mood of feeding and we are forcing feeds just by watch. House help/maids are instructed to feed the baby by watch.
•     Many times techniques of feeding by bottle is erratic.

If the child is gradually gaining weight according to her age and actually child is not losing weight, then it leads me to a conclusion that the child is accepting what is required for the caloric need of his body according to his weight and spitting or vomiting what ever extra he is being fed.
So my sincere advice is please do not over feed your child,
Add to the diet of child like- cereals, dal, rice, potatoes, curd, soups and many things that are semi liquids gradually to him.
Posture during feeding is very important.

Some medication like Junior Lanzol 15 mg half tablet for 4 to 6 weeks is recommended in GER cases and these are many times quite helpful.
Hope your query is answered up to some level of satisfaction.

Please feel free to inquire more about your doubts.