Child prescribed Omnacortil for wheezing. Worried about adverse reactions. Nebulisations ineffective

My 3 and half year old son is adviced by his ped to take omnacortil(prednisolone) 10 mg twice a day for wheeze atack , I read the net and found lot of adverse reactions. He is have a strong wheezing and doesnt seem to reduce even after continuous dose of nebulisations ,
Posted Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 39 minutes later

Thanks for the query

I would like to know a few more details in order to help you out

1. How long has he been on omnacortil?
2. How many nebulisations were given per day?
3. has the wheeze improved after omnacortil?
4. What is your child's weight?
5. If any blood tests or x XXXXXXX were done it would help me if you could attach the reports

Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply