Child poked his ear. Noticed blood clot around ear and mild fever. What should be done?

my kid 2 years 7 months poked his ears day before yesterday and cried for 2 or 3 mintues and went to sleep and then night he cried once and thats it , but when we saw in the morning he had a blood clot around his ear now after two days he got a mild fever temperature increases and decreases
Posted Wed, 25 Jul 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 43 minutes later

Thanks for posting query.

It seems that he got infection in poked ear causing fever.

As lobules of ears are more vascular, it is possible that there may be blood collection over the part resulting blood clot around his ears and blood is good medium for growing bacteria causing infection.

Consult a Pediatrician and go for antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medicines for 2-3 days.

Apply antibiotic cream after cleaning the part.

Hope, I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please ask.
I will be happy to help.

Wish you and your child good health.