Child has immovable lump, no pain, not swollen or red, vomiting, no appetite, nosebleeds. Taking medication for reflux.

Hello my two year old son woke up with a bruise with a hard white lump in the middle.. Second one in the exact same spot and one on his butt as well. The lump doesnt move it feels attached and is on his last rib on left side.. No falls or injuries.Doesn't hurt to touch, not hot, not swollen or red. Has loss of appetite, vomiting, and has had two nosebleeds in the last three days.. Has reflux but on medication so with meds or not he is still the same..Had blood work CBC /diff with smear.. ptt ..and ..ers.?? came back relatively normal sending us to bite marks or puncture marks.. Please help! I'm scared
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

I can understand your concern for these symptoms but one assuring factor is normal blood work. Anemia and deficiency of vitamins C, K, B12, or folic acid are the common causes of easy bruisability and nosebleeds.

Other than that, he needs to get investigated for bleeding disorders, bone marrow disorders, liver diseases , leukemias for which you should consult a hematologist as advised by your doctor.

Secondly the white bump which has appeared suddenly can be due to a bacterial or viral infection. In such a case, you should get a culture done from a dermatologist and the culture samples sent for bacterial and viral serology. Then specific treatment can be decided.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.