Child has fever, tooth about erupt, done tests

my child haing fever from yesterday, n i m worried
my family members told that he tooth is comming, on 30th july he will complete his 7 months, but from yesterday his fever not yet decreased, i m sending u his doctor report, as i shown him yesterday
Posted Sun, 12 Aug 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 28 minutes later
children at this age can get almost 6-7 episodes of viral fevers in a year. Its common assumption that people attribute it to teething, which is not true.
cause for fever depends on its associated symptoms like say cough, cold, motions etc. If there are no associated symptoms keep a close watch on danger symptoms like reduced feeds and reduced intake. managing fever at home is explained by me at website below

please ensure proper water intake. do let me know if the child appears lethargic too. keep fever medicines to a maximum of 3-4 times a day in recommended doses.
its always better to visit a pediatrician if any danger symptoms are suspected.
thank you,.
keep me posted if any further queries.

Follow-up: Child has fever, tooth about erupt, done tests 6 minutes later
yes sir he is getting lethargic.
Rite now doctor gave him monocef 500mg injection (3/4 of the injection), grandem syrup 15 drops once in a day, metacin drop 4 times 8 drops in a day and sinarest af 8 drops 2 times in a day...
and from yesterday he is also not sleeping not in day even night also...
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 12 minutes later
Hi again
I think the doctor has already suspected a bacterial infection, which may be likely considering the child's condition.
I request you to get basic blood count and urine test done to see any serious changes.
lethargy suggests reduced intake and may be reduced sugar/water in body. such children may need fluid electrolyte supplementation/hospitalisation.
Monocef injection covers a good number of bacteria. it also appears that child was having runny nose or cold for which sinarest may be useful. sinarest can make the child sleepy if given 3 times a day.
follow up back with blood tests if any done by your doctor.