No improvement with medicines for swelling on parotid gland. Taking monocef injection with signoflam tab. Correct medication?

Hi, My right side parotid gland has swollen and i have been going through medication but its not reducing. First i took 1. Cap Augmentin(625) with tab chymonal plus for 5 days . As it didn t reduce i did a ultrasound which gave result as Abscess lower pole of Right Parotid Gland So after this i am taking Monocef injection with signoflam tab from 1 day.... can you please verify whether i am going through the correct medication. My doctor is saying if doesnt go in this medication next step will be to make a hole and to take out the thing . Is it the correct procedure ?
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012