Child has fever and constipation. Should I consult a doctor?

my 4 year old has been constipated for about 24 hours. She now has a low grade fever of 98.8 under the arm. I gave her some milk of magnesia yesterday, but I was wondering if I should continue to wait or take her too the doctor. She hasn't eaten anything for almost 24 hours either. I gave her 2 tbsp. of Milk of Magnesia yesterday. She has been holding her BM in. She had a history of doing this as a baby, but it hasn't been a problem for quite some time. Last night and this morning she produced a little runny stool but nothing substantial.
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 22 minutes later

I understand your concern.

Relax, there is nothing to worry.
Constipation is a common thing in children and is mostly related to dietary habits.
-You can give up to 3 spoons of milk of magnesia as advised by your doctor.
-Give her plenty of fluids,glucose water.
-Give XXXXXXX leafy vegetables,fruit,salads.
-Decrease quantity of milk and milk products.
-You can also give honey with lemon juice in warm water in morning (honey is natural sugar and act as stool softner)

Regarding fever, it is low grade.
I suggest you to record temperature 6 hourly and give acetaminophen if temperature is more than 100F.

In case symptoms persist, get her evaluated by pediatrician.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any other question I would be glad to help.

Wishing your child good health.
God bless!!