Chest congestion, cold, headache, lack of energy, chest heaviness. On lipitor, avapro. Should I visit the doctor?

I started with a cold a month ago and still have a lot of chest congestion, head ache and lack of energy. At times I feel some fullness in the left side of my chest but it does not occur all the time. I am a 52 year old male on lipitor and avapro?
Is this something I should head to the dr for will it just have to it's course?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 7 hours later

Thanks for posting the query.

Your history suggests that you have cold, headache, chest congestion since 1 month.
You are currently on Lipitor and Avapro (I suppose for Hypertension / high cholesterol).
In such a scenario you should not neglect your complaints.

I suggest the following:
1. Visit a Pulmonologist and get yourself clinically evaluated.
2. Most probably he will get your Chest x-ray / electrocardiogram / 2D echocardiography done.
3. There are chances of you suffering from Lower Congestive Cardiac Failure.
4. After the above clinical evaluation and investigations, your condition should be easily manageable with antibiotics/ diuretic class of drugs which may be prescribed by your Physician.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries.

Wishing you a quick recovery.
Take Care.