Chances of getting HIV if saliva with some trace of blood gets into eyes?

Question
I want to know if someone can get hiv if saliva with some trace of blood get into your eyes
Posted Sat, 24 Nov 2012 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
If saliva with traces of blood from an HIV infected person enters the eye, the chances of contracting an HIV infection are there but these chances are extremely remote - less than 0.01%.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Chances of getting HIV if saliva with some trace of blood gets into eyes? 7 hours later
Let me put the question this way. The person didn't intentionally spit of my face. You know sometimes when some people are talking little spit do get out of their mouth. So what if that little spit with trace of blood gets into your eye, can you be infected with hiv that way.? Thank you

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Even if the minutest particle goes into the eye, still the chances of getting an infection cannot be ruled out completely. Though the chances of getting an infection are extremely low and rare.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.