Chances of getting HIV from breast sucking?

I sucked a girl,s nipple for 4-5 second in a massage purlour. What is my chance of getting HIV infected. I have occasional gum bleeding problem. but i h.ave not felt any taste of secretion and not seen blood on the nipples
Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry .No significant exposure.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in.

HIV spreads by actual fluid transfer and not by mere skin to skin contact.
It can spread through secretions like blood, semen, vaginal fluid, spinal fluid, breast milk etc.
As in your case the girl did not had blood or active secretion from breast so there is nothing to be worried about. Chances of HIV by this kind of exposure is very low or NIL. Even if you had gum bleeding it does not affect the result. As you sucked only for 4-5 seconds and there was no secretion there is no chance of HIV.
Even with oral sex the HIV chance is very low as human saliva has anti viral substances to neutralize the virus.

So you can consider yourself safe and stop worrying.
Hope this helps.
I will be available for any further clarification.
STD & HIV specialist
Follow-up: Chances of getting HIV from breast sucking? 22 minutes later
no discharge was felt at that time. and no blood was there on nipples. but if at all any discharge was there and any kind of gum bleeding was present. then what will be the answer. This is because I want to be totally tension free.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
No real exposure ,no need for testing

Detailed Answer:
Hi Again,
As already suggested ,even if there was gum bleeding or some discharge there is no risk as saliva is protective against virus .Even with oral sex HIV risk is very negligible as HIV virus is neutralised by saliva.So you can relax as there is no risk in your case.
Follow-up: Chances of getting HIV from breast sucking? 7 hours later
so can I have unprotective vaginal intercourse now as normal with my wife without falling her into any type of risk. I have never performed any kind of intercourse with others except my wife.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can have unprotected intercourse with wife.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,
You can safely have unprotected intercourse with your wife as there is no chance of infection.You can move on in life.