Cause of dizziness and numbness in right arm when on antibiotics for open ulcer wound

I am a 58 yeart old male, I have diabetes and I am on insulin. I have a charcot foot with an open ulcer wound requiring a boot cast that I get checked weekly. I have been taken amoxycillin and ciprofalxin. Yesterday evening, while standing, I got very dizzy and started to feel numbness in my right arm. Today, i am dizzy and unsteady. Should I be concerned or will this pass?
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Get more water;if no improvement,run further tests Detailed Answer: Hi, Being dizzy and feeling numbness in your right arm could be related to the antibiotics and open ulcer wound. I suggest to drink more water to keep hydrated. If no improvement within a couple of days, and if you are also having problems with high blood pressure, I'd suggest to get further evaluated for heart problems by : - consulting cardiologist - doing EKG, cardiac echo - doing complete profile (to exclude anemia) Hope it was of help! Dr.Alba Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!