Cancer patient. Having severe pain in groins. Noticed lumps near leg. Having intense pain in crotch area. Suggest?

I am a cancer patient breast and lung in remission as of now I am cancer free. I am 200lbs. female and i have had sever pain in my groins. I lifted my stomach and on my leg next to my crotch are two soft lumps hanging down. When I touch them it causes ,no pain at all I can no longer bend down to pick something up without severe pain. I have had cortiso ne shots in my groin, hip, and back which just made it worse, I went to a doctor DO, and she said oh thats just fat. You need a stomach band because you will never be able to lose this fat with dieting.. I don't believe this and I don't know what these things are in my groins, I also went to my gynocologist, he didn't answer me, he did a pap test and then he said what are these discolorations on the lips of my vagina. He said he is doing an XXXXXXX sonogram in one week and then he is doing a biopsy a week later. He said it is probaly not cancer. He is an onchologist as well. I asked him are these lapomas on my leg. He said yes, don't worry about them. I am getting my results of my ovauries and I am having a biopsy. I am not scared because I have survived cancer twice. What I am really scared of is this intense pain in my crotch area and groins. I do not enjoy things because of this pain, in yet I take care of my 87 year old mother who stills enjoys shopping and walking in the mall. I go as far as I can and the pain is so intense that I must sit down and let her shop, oh how i used to enjoy this with my mother.Is this really just fat like the doctor says or is it something else? I must tell you that I have had alot of shots i my left hip and has been told to have a hip replacement, but why has the pain went into my right groin area I am not so ready to have a hip replacement I just think this pain is something else other than arthritus Please help me make sense of all this. Please explain.
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Difficult to comment.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem one thing that I agree with your doctor is that you need to loose that excess weight even if gastric banding is required for it as it will otherwise lead to lot of problems in future .

Since your doctor said that its just fat and other doctor said its lipoma so there is a possibilty that its lipoma only because it is painless . It requires examination of those swellings and I think since your both doctors meant the same thing , it must be lipoma .

Next thing is hip arthritis may lead to severe pain on bending and walking , plus when it leads to irritation of cutaneous nerve the pain may radiate in the groin .
Also called meralgia paraesthetica .

One thing more AVN of femur needs to be excluded .

I think you should follow your doctors advise since he remains the best judge of situation .

Wish you good health.

Dr. Shruti