Can spotting, late periods and bleeding from vagina be indications of pregnancy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
HI Doctor, Me & My GF we had a intercourse where i din't insert my penis into her vagina but rubbed my penis on her vagina. This was happened on 25th Nov Night around 9pm and She took IDOZ 72 pill on 27th Nov Morning 10:30Am. Now on 2nd Dec She found spotting and on 3rd Dec She had Bleeding from her vagina which was there for the next 5 days. Is there any chance of she getting pregnant? And her previous periods in the month of NOV was started on 16th. And she was supposed to get her periods on 16th DEC. But itz been 6 days delayed she dint get her periods. we are very much tensed. plz reply.
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: PERIODS DELAYED DUE TO IDOZ 72 Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. What she experienced was most probably withdrawal bleeding due to the hormones present in the emergency contraceptive pill ( IDOZ 72 ). Also, this pill has a side effect of preponing or postponing your normal periods by a week or more, sometimes, upto ten days. So it is very much possible that the periods have been delayed due to the pill. From what you describe, there was no vaginal penetration at all. There is no chance of pregnancy without vaginal penetration. If there was even slight penetration of the vagina, please take a pregnancy test to be sure. Otherwise, just wait and watch. She would get her normal periods within a few days. All the best. Take care. Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.

Follow-up: Can spotting, late periods and bleeding from vagina be indications of pregnancy? 23 minutes later
Thanks a lot for your reply Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX i would like to ask will she get her periods in next 4-5 days?

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 hours later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello She should get her periods in the coming week. Take care.

Follow-up: Can spotting, late periods and bleeding from vagina be indications of pregnancy? 45 hours later
Hello Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Today afternoon she got her periods. Thanks a lot for ua reply. I have last and final question for you. So by this is it confirm that She wont be pregnant now? Plz reply for this.

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Yes, as she has got her proper periods, there is no chance of a pregnancy. Take care. Please feel free to contact me directly anytime using the following link - WWW.WWWW.WW