Can i get HIV after intercourse with prostitute?

Question
i did sex using condom my condom does not break, slip and after it was removed properly using paper , then i wash with my penis with hot water and soap,
i have also ask prostitute about hiv she said she is not hiv positive but i am mentally disturbed regarding hiv
i kiss her but only of lips
can it cause hiv
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Follow-up: Can i get HIV after intercourse with prostitute? 5 minutes later
i kiss her but only of lips
can it cause hiv

did i require to pep medicine, does these pep medicine has any side effect

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later

You had sex with a condom on and there was no breakage.If the secretions of vagina do not come in contact with the mucosa- glans penis- the very front part of your penis then there almost no chances of contacting the infection. A lip kiss is very less likely to transmit the infection unless the female is heavily infected.

Still for the peace of your mind you can opt for initial screening with an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) to detect antibodies to HIV-1 infection fifteen days after the exposure.

Any positive test should be confirmed by a laboratory using the Western blot.

Post exposure prophylaxis is short term anti- retroviral treatment to reduce the likelihood of HIV infection after potential exposure, either occupationally or through sexual intercourse.

There is a significant debate on the need to use PEP after sexual intercourse.

In your case since the chances of infection are almost nil, there is no need to go for any PEP.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Regards.

Follow-up: Can i get HIV after intercourse with prostitute? 43 minutes later
Hi doc,

can i get the test for HIV after

i kiss her but only of lips

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 30 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.

For diagnosis of HIV, the test usually takes 7-10 days to be positive if you are infected.

Get a HIV test done. HIV testing is done with a blood test and is done in full confidentiality.

The blood is first tested by ELISA test which is a screening test which looks for antibodies in the blood.

Then if it is positive then Western blot test is done to look for specific proteins of HIV.

These tests may show accuracy after 6 weeks to 6 months as HIV antibodies take time to develop in the body.

Wishing you an early recovery.
Regards.

Follow-up: Can i get HIV after intercourse with prostitute? 52 minutes later
Respected Mam,

Please Advise me as you my whole situation, i am more worried about this whole situation, it was mistaken act done by me, now i am feeling guilt about this whole thing and worried also.

please advice me.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 42 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for the follow up.

My sincere advice would be that you are not infected.

There is no reason to worry.

You need not go for any tests. But still if you feel that something should be done then you can do an ELISA test after 15 days to free your mind of all the worries.

Regards.