Can drug test after six months of taking marijuana come positive?

Apr 2014

Hello. I am a 33 yr old male and my physical description is 6'0 225-240 lbs. I last smoked marijuana 6 months ago after having been a heavy smoker for about a year. I am scheduled to take a urine test for a job interview this week and am wondering if it is likely that my urine is clean. I did a couple of the over the counter take home tests and came back negative both times, but I am under the impression that those aren't as accurate as the laboratory tests. I know that you can't tell me for sure if I am going to be okay, but any guesstimate would be greatly appreciated. My physical activity at this time is moderate, but I have been an active runner during these six months of abstaining from marijuana, completing a few races and a half marathon for which I trained a good deal. Thanks.
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Don't worry.You are perfectly alright. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX You shouldn't are perfectly alright. Everyone has apprehension before going for tests.It is quite normal. You shouldn't worry about past history of marijuana smoking.It will not affect your reports. It is good that you have quit smoking as it is not good for health at all. Before joining for job,you should get physically examined by a physician.It includes screening for hypertension,diabetes mellitus,hernia,hydrocele. Few laboratory investigations include RBS,Urine RE/ME,chest X-ray (PA view) should be taken,so if there is any problem,it can be rectified in time. Get well soon Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX