Can bleeding nose be a cause of rat bite or anti rabies vaccine?

General Surgeon
Hi sir, i m from india my 4 year daughter has bite by rat at last night.and Dr.gave vaccine of anti rabbis on same night. she is going to school today and at afternoon blood rinse from her nose. is ithis related to rat bite . what is precuation and symtoms of rat bite and rabbis vaccine is suitable for her or anything else we give to her. pls tell me about this.
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: nose bleeding not related to vaccine or bite Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Being a Parent myself and Pediatric Surgeon, I understand your concern and apprehension. Let me reassure you and remove the fear that the nasal bleeding is no way related to Rat bite or Rabies vaccination. Rat bite usually causes local symptoms like redness and swelling at the site of bite. Systemic manifestation occur rarely. Rabies vaccine is also completely safe and there is no cause for concern. Local application of T Bact ointment at site of bite will be helpful. Rest be assured there is no cause for concern. Do get back to me for any further queries or guidance, will be glad to assist you Sir. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Pediatric Surgeon