Can any online doctor help me to read my liver test report?

I have completed Arogyam 1.3 Wellness Check for My Mom and received the reports. Want your help to upload the report, so that you can review the report and help me understand if anything alarming is reported or if any corrective action is required further.
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Om Lakhani 8 hours later

Your mother has a very high SPGT and SGOT. Is she having any known to have any liver disease ? If not I would suggest you to get done

1. HBsAg
2. Hepatitis C Antibody

The values are in very high range. And it is good that she is not taking paracetamol because in her case taking paracetamol would be risky from a liver point of view as well.

The TSH is a little higher, but we expect it from the thyroid status. The other reports are alright.

I would ask you to get the liver tests done as AST and ALT are quite high.

Dr. Om Lakhani, MD
Follow-up: Can any online doctor help me to read my liver test report? 14 hours later
Thanks for your response, I would like to clarity on the below

1) Apart from the 2 Liver tests mentioned , Let me know if we have to additional tests as well.The idea is minimise/optimise the number of times blood samples is taken and entire procedure for My Mom.

2) Which type of doctor should be referred , I recollect My earlier discussion with the doctor on call which pointed to Hematologist . Kindly advise if you have any other suggestion

3) Just to give additional info, if it helps, My Mom is being currently being checked for Grad 2, L5 Lithesis ove S1. Doctor has advised Physiotherapy which is currently being done and MRI would be scheduled over weekend.
Answered by Dr. Om Lakhani 16 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up

well apart from the above TWO tests I would also advice you to go for Serum ferratin. This is because her iron values are higher than normal and this test will Confirm it. sometimes excess iron deposition can also damage the liver.

You must Consult a gastroenterlogist or a hepatologist as your liver issue is the biggest problem as of now.

He will also be able to guide you regarding alternative to paraCetamol.

Hope this helps.

Dr LaKhani