Ask a Urologist   »  

Can I purchase Trimovate without a prescription for Zoon's Balanitis? Where can I buy it?

Good evening
I am suffering from Zoon's Balanitis and have received information that a RZ named Trimovate is the best remedy for this ailment.
Can I purchase this without a Rx and if so where.
Dr XXXXXXX Millward
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 14 minutes later

Trimovate contains three ingredients Clobetasone butyrate,oxytetracycline and Nystatin which is corticosteroid,antibiotic and antifungal preparation.This is mainly used for inflammatory skin conditions as Eczema,Dermatitis as it covers bacteria and fungus both and steroid helps in reducing inflammation.

I do not think this medication would be available over the counter as it is a prescription medication.

Regarding the Zoon's Balanitis I would advice you to get it examined by a Physician as physical examination would be very helpful.Also being a diabetic if sugar is not controlled the symptoms may worsen.

Kindly visit your Healthcare Provider for evaluation so that appropriate treatment can be started accordingly.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up query if any.
Follow-up: Can I purchase Trimovate without a prescription for Zoon's Balanitis? Where can I buy it? 34 minutes later
Thank you for your answer to my query.
Is this product available in the USA since any reference to it seems originate in the UK.
I attended a symposium in the UK in 2008 where the new Guidelines on the Management of Balanoposthitis were presented by The Clinical Effectiveness Group from the British Association for Sexual Health and HIV.
This is where I first heard of this RX and apparently it has become the RX of choice in the UK for this ailment.
If you could address this question, I would appreciate your imput.
Dr XXXXXXX Millward
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 19 minutes later

Thanks for writing again.

I am sorry I do not have any idea whether this product would be available in the same brand name in USA though the combination product would be available by other names by prescription as it is a popular medication used commonly for skin conditions.

The combination of these three medications works well and would be available at the pharmacy.

Wishing you Good Health!