Skin turned red like burn after salt and ice challenge. Will clobetasone butyrate help?

Hello, I did the salt and ice challenge of Saturday night with a friend, and her skin is completely fine and my skin has become red and like a burn . I have been reading online about how to stop it scaring and to get rid of it, but my dad keeps saying put this skin cream on, this cream is called: clobetasone butyrate. I don t think it is working, but the redness has gone down. I m just really scared that it will scar I have several blottches on my arm , please help me? What should I do?:(
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012