CT scan showed apical scarring in the lung. Blood and thyroid test normal. Concerned for TB

My health quest started w a very high test of vit d 1,25 dihydroxy. The test was run by mistake and came up at 99 the first time at 129 the second.
Thyroid seems fine. I had a ct scan that came up w minimal apical scarring in the left lung. All other blood work has come back fine including calcium and Phos. I'm waiting for Lyme results and had a non reactive rpr this week. I am now
Concerned about Tb. I had the blood test today.

Two years ago I had a mri that show two small non specific
Foci that they thought could be related to prior infection, or antiinflammatory process or less likey an ischemic event. These were not active lesions. They were

Could this all be connected. Does this sound like tb. I don't have a cough but I don't gain weight when I try either. I'm terrified.

Thank you
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 2 days later

All the findings that you mentioned are not suggestive of active tuberculosis.

What ever changes found on CT are due to old infection in lungs.

What are your present complaints?
Do you have fever, hemoptysis or dyspnea?
Which part of body imaged in MRI?
What is your present weight and height?
Have you checked ESR any time?

Please get back to me with above information so that I can explain you better.

Thank you.
Follow-up: CT scan showed apical scarring in the lung. Blood and thyroid test normal. Concerned for TB 3 hours later
Thank you for your reply! I did have the blood test for tb since and was negative. I don't have too many physical complaints except I feel like my weight dropped three pounds and that I eat but don't gain weight. This all
Started w my foot feeling weird and then I became obsessed w it and there was tingling between one toe and on the side of my big toe for over a week. That has side subsided and only occasionally do I have a sensation in my foot. The only otjer thing i can thing of w my foot is i wear heels and this started after i had my leg crossed for an hour. I began to suffer panic attacks from it and now has some leg muscle twitching. I saw a neuro a year and half ago and he did a brain MRI for a sensation u was having on my face. They find those healed Foci and he said not related but that the feeling was due to neck muscle tightness.

A few weeks ago I went to my primary care to get Zoloft and by mistake he ran the 1, 25 dihydroxy vitamin d test which came up high. I went to another XXXXXXX med doctor bc my old doctor didnt even realize he ran the wrong test or the significance. My new doctor ran many auto immune and infection blood tests. My calcium levels and phosphorus are normal. I've had the ct scan of pelvis, chest and abdomen. I has a negative ace test and Lyme test and rpr. I had a normal thyroid scan. My parathyroid hormone is on the high side of normal at 55. My TSH is .96.

I'm really not sure where to go from here or the significance of the high 1,25.
I weigh 131 pounds and I am 5.5 in height

Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 8 hours later

Thanks for reply.

All the reports that you have mentioned are normal.There is no evidence of tuberculosis also.Hence remove from your mind about having any disease or abnormality.

High value of 1,25-hydroxylase has no significance.

Symptoms that you have are more of subjective.You might be loosing weight because of anxiousness,over concern and tension of all these things.

Hence have healthy diet,adequate sleep.You will recover soon.

Thank you.