CAT scan showed mass on liver. Could this be hydatid echinococcus?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Is there a specialist online that can tell me a bit more about hydatid/echinococcosis? The CAT scan showed some sort of mass (they described as tumor but is it possible it could be a cyst) 21cmx16cm on the liver. We are wondering if this could possibly be hydatid.
Posted Sun, 17 Feb 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 12 hours later

Thanks for writing in

Describing a disease is really difficult on these type of forums

Instead it would be better if you send your complains and investigations if any apart from the CT Scan for us to arrive at a clinical impression

Hydatid otherwise is clearly mentioned on a CT if found - but yet if you have doubts go for an Ultrasound scan or a second opinion on the reporting of the CT scan

In the mean time get back to me with your complains and investigations if any to help me guide you better

Hope this helps
Would wait for your information
Wishing you a healthy life ahead