Burning pain due to swollen veins in wrist and fingers, pain in knee and ankle, swollen jaw muscle, low vitamin D. What can it be?

Question
The veins in my wrist and fingers keep swelling up causing burning, pain. My knee and ankle are also painful. I have also had swollen jaw muscle. My doctor has taken bloods, apparently I have low vitamin D but still looking into other causes. What can it be?
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 5 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I think it is not the swelling of the muscle but it is the problem of your joints.
It can be a Rheumatoid Arthritis or an SLE related arthritis or something of infectious etiology if it is associated with fever and is of short duration..
Osteo-Arthritis is not common cause at your age.
The low vitamin-D seems to be an incidental finding and apparently not a cause to start this problem.
I would like you to get a local physical examination by your physician and get a CBC, CRP, ESR, RA factor and ANA/ANF and Xray of wrist and knee joints to get a better in sight in your health problem.

I hope the advise would be helpful for you.