Bump appeared on head after head injury. Experiencing mild headache and nausea. Any cure?

General Surgeon
Hi, I hit my head (turned a corner too fast) on the right upper side, three days ago. I didn't black out, but I felt a little stunned afterwards. I have a bump where i hit my head and I've been experiencing some mild headaches, a bit of nausea on and off and haven't slept well the past three nights. I am wondering if this warrants a trip to urgent care this weekend or if I can wait it out until Monday to decide what to do. Is there a chance I could have a more serious injury even though it's been three days already? Thanks!
Posted Fri, 1 Mar 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 10 minutes later

Thank you for the query!

The main problem with head traumas is that you never know if the brain has been injured or not. Especially that some bleedings can show up after a few days or even a week. That is why it is always necessary to make sure nothing serious has been caused by the trauma.
Any bleeding inside the head causes increased pressure inside the head. Such pressure causes nausea, vomiting, headaches, blurred vision, dizziness, neck stiffness and tiredness.
As your symptoms are not improving, I suggest you to go to ER and have it checked right away. It is too risky to wait. Neurologist should examine you and head CT should be performed. Only with CT you will have a clear situation.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.