Blood test showed lymphocytes 2.397 and monocytes 0.255. Should I be worried?

i have a score of 2.448 for my neutrophils and a 48% of white blood cells if i got it right. The lab normal score is 2.5-7.5. My lymphocytes score is 2.397 and 47% of the white blood cells. the lab normal range is 1.5-3.5. my monocytes is 0.255 with a lab range of 0.04-0.8 and a 5% weight. My Leucocytes score is 5.1 with a normal range of 4.5-10. should i be worried, specially in terms of concerns for cancer?
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 2 hours later

Thanks for your query to this forum,

I have gone through all the details you have provided, you are overweight, pre diabetic and high cholesterol level and fatty liver.

Your blood report of neutrophils 48% Lymphocytes 47% seems to be all right but please scan and upload the report so that I can see it and comment.

This is good you have joined gym and started exercise.
Let me know your height and weight, blood sugar levels, cholesterol levels and what drugs you are taking.It is always better if you quit smoking.

I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest

Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.

Follow-up: Blood test showed lymphocytes 2.397 and monocytes 0.255. Should I be worried? 10 minutes later
Dear Dr.

my highet is 5.9 feet and my weight is 202 lb. My Fasting Blood Sugar is 123 with an impaired range of 100-125. My total Cholesterol is 177 with an optimal value of less than 200. My Triglycerides is 170 with an optimal level of less than 150. My HDL is 32 with an optimal of over 60. My cholesterol to HDL ratio is 5.5 with an optimal of less than 4. my LDL is 111 with an optimal of less than 100. ALT = 1.27 with optimal of less than 0.68. My AST is 0.78 with an optimal of less than 0.67. My GGT is 0.94 with a range of 0.13-0.102. Plus you have all the blood data from the other part. I am on Crestor 10, which i have no clue what is in it, and on Glucpphage 500 twice a day.

Could you please give me a direct answer about the white blood cells questions. it is my main concern. i am terrified of the below normal range of the neutrophils, although it is not by much. could you please answer me quickly. i am really concerned.
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 24 minutes later
Thanks for input,
Your white blood cell count is marginally lower from lab reference range but there is nothing to worry as it can occur due viral infection or many drugs.

Please do not worry about cancer, just wait for 2 weeks and repeat the blood test, it should recover to normal.

Take care of your diet and please continue exercise regularly. Please continue Crestor (Rosuvastatin) for your cholesterol issue. Your HDL which is good cholesterol is low it improves with exercise.

Hope this helps, if you have any further query let me know, will be available for clarification.
Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.