Blood in urine and stools. What is wrong?

I woke up this am @ there was bright blood in my urine & when I wiped. When I had a bowel movement there was bright blood With a small blood clot. 73 year old Female
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Clinical examination and scan will tell the site Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Considering your age what you are facing is not normal. Main thing is to know where the bleeding is coming from, from your history I feel it could be uterine origin. What I suggest you is get examined by an OBGY specialist, they will do a per-speculum examination and confirm where the bleeding coming from, whether its uterus or urethra or rectum. After examination its better to get a scan pelvis to know the uterine size and the endometrial thickness. Depending on the findings treatment can be planned. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!