Blood in stool, burning in the anus. Hemorrhoids?

it burns really bad when i stool sometimes their is blood as well. Is This hemmoroids and what can i do for it?
Posted Wed, 20 Jun 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 34 minutes later

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

It will be nice if you mention the duration of the symptom and also any similar past history. The consistency of stool, sometimes very hard stool it self may present with the similar symptoms.

The causes may include anal fissures, prolapsed, thrombosed piles, colitis or bacterial dysentery.

I advice you to drink adequate amount of water regularly. Water helps add bulk to the feces, prevents constipation and facilitates quick, easy and pain-free evacuation. Increase your intake of dietary fiber. When you have an urge to pass stools, do not ignore it, since, that will make the constipation worse. Avoid spicy food, alcohol and smoking.

Over the counter stool softeners and analgesic jelly can be helpful. Sitz baths (essentially soaking in a tub of warm water) are encouraged, particularly after bowel movements, to relax the spasm, to increase the flow of blood to the anus, and to clean the anus without rubbing the irritated anoderm.

I advice you to see surgeon for examination and also for diagnosing whether it is a pile or fissure.

Meanwhile you can consider those above mentioned conservative measures.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer

Follow-up: Blood in stool, burning in the anus. Hemorrhoids? 14 minutes later
i' ve had this for a couple of weeks never had it before, what is a pile of fissure and do they require surgery?
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 22 minutes later

Good to hear from you.

Pile is layman name of hemorrhoid. Your symptoms are indicative of fissure. An anal fissure is a cut or tear occurring in the anus that extends upwards into the anal canal.

Both of these can be treated conservatively. surgery is considered when symptoms are severe and persists in spite of conservative approach.

I advice you not to be anxious most of the time conservative approach will resolve the problem. It is better to see surgeon for examination, after examination only it can be accurately diagnosed.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you good health.