Blocked ear, feeling vibrations in head. Causes?

Last 4 days i m feeling vibrations in my left head, my left ear is blocked.
it doesn't pain but it makes me uncomfortable.

I consulted my family doctor he given me some tablets, now vibrations are quite decreased.

I want to know the reason why i m suffering from this vibrations?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 1 hour later

Thanks for the query

Regarding the vibrations and blocked left ear, I feel these are probably related to the problems in the middle and the inner ear. Commonest causes are impacted cerumen, middle ear infections. Rarely a condition called benign paroxysmal positional vertigo can present with similar features.

So I request you to get your ears evaluated from ENT doctor to exclude these possibilities.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you find my response to be both helpful and adequate. If you have any additional concerns regarding your question I would be happy to address them.

Dr Shiva Kumar R
Consultant Neurologist & Epileptologist