Bleeding piles. Precautions & diet suggestion?

Excellent

Pulmonologist
Question
Hello, I am suffering from bleeding piles. I wanted to know what all precautions I need to take. I work for 10 hours a day. My job is sitting on a chair in front of computer. Will it adverse effect. Also I need diet recommendations
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You seem to be suffering from bleeding piles.

2. You need to consult and get it examined by a surgeon urgently.

3. Here are some suggestions that night help you:

a. You are advised not to sit for long periods of time.
b.You may benefit from sitting on an air or rubber donut available at most local pharmacies.
c. Bathing in tubs with warm water universally eases painful perianal conditions.
d. Psyllium seed (Metamucil) and methylcellulose supplements increase the fiber content of your diet.Also try to naturally increse the fiber content of your diet.
e. Exercise is helpful in relieving constipation and in decreasing pressure on the hemorrhoidal veins.
f. Try to have a bowel movement as soon as possible after the urge arises. Once that urge passes, stools can become constipated and straining with a bowel movement may occur.
g. Avoid spicy diet.

Thus you should get yourself examined clinically by a surgeon as soon as possible since the treatment of piles is as per its grade of severity which can be ascertained only after local examination.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
MBBS MD DNB

Follow-up: Bleeding piles. Precautions & diet suggestion? 50 minutes later
Thank you Sir.

I agree with you. I have already shown it to the specialist, he has given me some medicines like
1. Softovac 2 tablespoon at 6 pm.
2. Shield ointment.
3. Sitcom 1 tab daily for 14 days.

He also had done sidco--scopy something like that. The report shows piles and suferficial ulcer.

I want to ask if I take care how much time will it require to get cured completely. Also is it something that cant be completely cured?

XXXXXXX

Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for the follow up.

After going through your follow up query, I would like to comment the following:

1. Conservative measures or medical therapy is the 1 st line treatment in all 1st and second degree piles.

2. If after 1 to 2 months of treatment there is no improvement then surgical options are explored.

3. Piles is curable.

4. Many patients (grade 1/ grade2) see improvement or complete resolution of their symptoms with the conservative measures alone.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
MBBS MD DNB