Bleeding after sex. Advice?

Hello, I'm 35 years of age. Not been pregnant ever since. We usually have sexual intercourse with my husband. But I've discovered that I got some blood after sex or sometimes during sex. I don't have this blood before. It's almost 6 months. Can please advise. We're 5 years married. Please also help us to have a baby.
Posted Tue, 2 Oct 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 51 minutes later

Welcome and thanks for writing to us

There are various factors responsible for primary infertility like maternal factors , ovarian factors , cervical factors , uterine factors, tubal factors and sperm count and motility.

As you are having bleeding after intercourse so there might be a cervical lesion like erosion cervix and for that you have to get a pap's smear done.

Another cause of blood during sex can be vaginal injury which is seen in newly weds and not after 5 yrs of marriage.

I guess you must have got all investigations done like :
Hb , ESR , Blood sugar F , VDRL , TORCH , APA , ACA , TB PCR , Thyroid profile , Rh grouping , FSH , LH , Prolactin , estradiol , Hysterosalpingography , semen analysis , ultrasound for follicles or polycystic ovaries , endometrial biopsy etc

If not please get them done under doctor's guidance.

Diagnostic laparoscopy is done for further evaluation.

Most important thing at present is to treat your inter-menstrual bleeding or bleeding after contact for which cryocauterization of the cervix is done if there is an erosion.

So please do not delay it and show it to your OBGYN as soon as possible.

If investigations have already been done please attach the reports if possible

Best wishes

Any further query is most welcome