Anemic and have colitis. Gallbladder removed after delivery. Why am I not getting period?

Hello ,I recently been under a lot of stress. Had a baby and my gallbladder removed same month and almost lost her and moved too. Anyways she is 7 months now and my period has not resumed yet.. I have no cramps and am very fatigued. Had thyroid blood get show normal but nothing else tested . So total no period in 16 months? What could be causing this I am also anemic and have colitis
Also forgot to mention not breast feeding this is baby number 4
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 7 days later

The period of postpartum amenorrhea (PPA - cessation of period following birth) is individualized ranging from few months to a year and half. The mean average period is close to 4 months.
Four important factors influence the period of PPA namely breast feeding pattern, weaning from breast feeds, maternal nutrition and maternal health.

Though you have weaned off breast feeds early, your current medical condition - anemia, colitis, stressors and the effects of recent surgery may be the cause of delayed amenorrhea. I hope anemia, stress and colitis are adequately addressed by your physicians.

Therefore in the current context, considering all the factors involved, I would not be very concerned yet. A good nutrition, adequate de-stressing measures (exercise, yoga and transcendental meditation and good sleep) along with proper treatment of anemia and colitis should bring back your periods soon. We can plan the next step, i.e. getting blood tested for FSH and LH levels checked if periods do not resume sooner than 3 months.

Hope I answered your query. Let me know if you need further clarification.

Best Regards