Anal tag removed, stitches opened, bleeding, swollen. Serious?

About a week ago I had a large anal tag removed. The stitches ripped open at the first bm and I've had bleeding almost every day when going to the bathroom. It doesn't look infected but is swollen and hard. It actually looks biiger and worse than it did before removal. Is this gonig to get better or should I go back to the Dr. sooner than my 6 week follow up?
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 32 minutes later

The stitches which ripped open right on the first day might lead to mild rectal incontinence. The opened stitches need to be placed again as soon as possible as with further delay the healing might be even more difficult.

I strongly recommend that the surgeon who operated you must have a look on the stitch line and you should consult him before the six weeks follow up.
Till then avoid constipation and do not put too much stress on the stitch line.

I hope you have found my answer and recommendations to be both adequate and helpful. Should you have additional questions I am available to address them.