Adhesions found on uterus after abortion. Trying to conceive. Should I go for adhesions removal?

i had to abort when i was 2 months pregnant coz i has rubella positive. After abortion now some adhesions are there on my right uterus. We are trying from past one and half year to conceive from left side.. i had done ovulation study and IUI. Still not succeeded. my husband's counts are good and motality is 70%. now we are planning to remove adhesions. what would u suggest me. Kindly guide me and help me to know whether there will be any problem after removing adhesions.. and how much chances will be there to get pregnant.
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 4 hours later
Thanks for your question.
I have few questions in my mind:
Do you have to separate uteri or one uterus with two horns?
What do you mean by trying from left side? were you having In Vitro Fertilization or you were trying naturally?
Are you ovulating naturally or with medicines? Are your tubes patent?
Was your first pregnancy conceived naturally or you needed treatment?
If you are under treatment of a fertility specialist & your doctor thinks that you need Adhesiolysis (removal of adhesions) which have been confirmed by Hysteroscopy, then you should follow your doctor. If it is the only known factor responsible for your infertility then this procedure is likely to help you out.
Removal of adhesions is an operation & can have complications related to anesthesia as well as surgical procedure like uterine perforation or recurrence of adhesions. However results are good in good hands.
I am unable to give you any estimate of your chance of pregnancy as I am unaware of the whole picture including the type & extent of your uterine adhesions.
Please write back if you want to discuss this further & kindly provide answers to my questions (preferably supported by lab reports), so that I can help you better.
Best of luck.
Follow-up: Adhesions found on uterus after abortion. Trying to conceive. Should I go for adhesions removal? 2 days later
Hi doctor..
My first pregnancy was naturally.. But for last ovulatio my doc asked me to take feromid 100 for 5 days from day 2... and I was not ovulating so she gave me one injection bustline.. Then it was ruptured.. Trying from left side means.. Doc said my left horn is clear so I have chance to concieve when I wil ovullate from left utreus. My tubes are patent.. There is no problem with them.. Last ovulation was from left side.. I ovulated and as per inatructions we kept relation.. But I dont know y I didnt get pregnant.. I got my this month period on 24 march.. But it was only brown blood clots coming out.. This was only for 2 days... And no much blood on my pad. I did beta HCG but result was negative.. Now I m on regestron tablet for 5 days. Please guide me and suggeat whether whatecver I m doing is good
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 27 hours later
Thanks for your question & very sorry for being late.
I think you are under treatment of a good specialist, you should follow whatever you are being advised & leave the rest to God. Infertility treatment always take time & a lot of patience. Just don't loose your hope & continue with the treatment.
Wish you best of luck.
Best regards.