Addison's disease, hypothyroid, leg itchiness. Taking hydrocortone and thyrex medication. Itchiness side effect of medication?

HI, I've been taking Hydrocortone for one and a half months now because I've been diagnosed with Addison's Desease. plus I've been taking Thyrex 75 because of my thyroid hypofunction and for a couple of weeks now my legs are itching all the time. it's not really a rash its just itching everywhere, like crazy. I just like to know whether this is a possible side effect or something not related.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. V. Kumaravel 4 hours later

I do understand that you had been under treatment for XXXXXXX disease and Hypothyroidism. Your concern seems to be related to itching.

Hydrocortisone and thyroid medication usually do not cause itching. I feel itching may not be directly related with your hormone abnormality

In view of 2 hormonal diseases, I would prefer to check your serum calcium, sodium, potassium levels and blood sugars. I would also like to know your menstrual period regularity.

Hope I have answered your query. Should you have any further doubts, I am available to clarify them. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.