Addicted to restyle, amichlor. No history of BP, sugar. Side effects of continuing medication?

i am adicted to take restyle .25 along with amichlor from 10 years my age now 57 yrs . what could happen to me still i continue the medicines a have no bp or SUGAR my weight was 78 kg
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 9 minutes later

Thanks for the query

“Restyl” is a mild sedative and is the most common sedative used by physicians’ world over. It contains a drug called “alprazolam”.

The long term side effects are dependency on the drug. Stopping the drug can cause you to have sleeplessness and can cause irritability.
People coming to physicians with this dependency problem are advices to slowly shift to clonazepam which is better than alprazolam in terms of dependency and quality of sleep. You can talk to your prescribing doctor and under their able guidance shift to clonazepam.

There are no proven side effects or issues due to amichlor and restyl interaction. You may use them both.

Hope I have answered your query. If there is anything else I could help you with let me know, I'll be happy to help.