Addicted to nexito forte. How to get rid of this tablet?

Hello Doctor,

I'm using Nexito Forte since last 2 years. if i dont take, i feel giddiness and uneasy. and if i walk more than 10 mins, i feel tired and feel like no energy. but if i take one tablet a day, i feel fresh.

But i need to avoid this tablet for ever. Please let me know how can i get rid of this tablet.

Regards, XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 21 Dec 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 1 hour later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Nexito Forte is a combination tablet which contains two medication - Escitalopram which is an anti-depressant and Clonazepam which is a sedative. Now, the decision regarding the duration of treatment and when to discontinue the medication depends on various factors and has to be done on a person-to-person basis. In order to advise you better regarding this, I need a few clarifications:

- What symptoms did you have initially and how severe were they?

- How long did it take for your symptoms to get controlled with this medication?

- How long have you been symptom-free?

- Have you had previous such episodes of depression in the past?

- Are you in a stable state in your life currently - with regard to family, career, financial position and social functioning?

Please get back to me with these clarifications and I will guide you appropriately.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist