Accidental intake on Lipitor, Niaspan and Carvedilol. What to do?

ENT Specialist
I just accidentally took my husband's Lipitor, Terizosin, Niaspan, and Carvedilol. Really an accident. We have our meds set up side by side.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 2 hours later
Hi, thanks for the query,

Well, it’s really strange that you took all these medications simultaneously. Anyway Lipitor, Terizosin, Niaspan, and Carvedilol will have drug interactions that may cause tachycardia, light headedness.

Just drink plenty of fluids, and consult a physician soon to check your vitals. These drugs will not cause any serious adverse effects and drug interaction.

Don’t worry for this accident.

I am ready for future follow ups.

Follow-up: Accidental intake on Lipitor, Niaspan and Carvedilol. What to do? 14 hours later
Thanks for your response. I was preoccupied with thoughts about my granddaughter at the time I was going to take my meds and take my husband's meds to him. Without thinking I downed his and immediately realized what I had done. Stupid mistake. I had a Niacin flush last night for the record books and light head but otherwise I think I am fine. I won't be doing that again.

Thanks again
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 18 hours later
Hi and thanks again,

I am happy to know that you are fine now. So do not worry. Do not repeat this again in future, please take precautions while handling medicines.

Let me know if you have any more concerns. If all your queries are answered, do close this discussion.

All the best,