Absent periods, bleeding occured. Taken postinor. Can pregnancy occur, what is the reason for late periods?

I took 2 postinor pills in one cycle and I havnt got my period, could i be pregnant?
I must say I did have a period/bleed for 5 days, but not quite as heavy which came a week earlier than usual. I am unsure whether that was my period or it was bleeding from the ecp and now im late for a period??
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 3 hours later

Postinor pill is an emergency contraceptive pill and when you use it you can get withdrawal bleeding like periods within 3-7 days.

If you have got bleeding for 5 days before expected date of periods then it is due to Postinor and you should consider it as your period.

If you have taken Postinor within 72 hours of having unprotected sex then the chances of getting pregnant are rare.

Now you will get your normal regular period next month.

To avoid pregnancy in future (since you are sexually active) you should use regular contraceptive pills and not Postinor as it causes irregularity of periods.

Hope I have answered your query.

Let me know if I have missed out on any of your concern.