A horse type knot on buttocks after a fall. Hurts while sitting and walking. Serious injury?

slipped on stairs fell on buttocks now have large XXXXXXX horse type knot on left buttock hurts when walking and sitting.
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Radhika 2 hours later

I have gone through your query.You seem to be most probably having a hematoma over the area of fall in the left buttock.

Sometimes a pool of blood collects within damaged tissue, forming a lump over the injury resulting in hematoma.

Meanwhile you could follow the following remedies:

1. Rest the injured area from further harm.

2. Apply ice wrapped in a clean cloth (Remove ice after 20 minutes).

3. Lightly compress the area. Do not massage the injured area.

4. You could take mild painkillers like Tablet.Tylenol twice a day after food for 2 days.

If you suspect an underlying injury, such as a fracture of the spine or pelvis it is better to XXXXXXX a physician and evaluate the extent of injury.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for follow up queries.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.