8 year child having fever and sore throat. Is it serious?

My 8yr old daughter has elevated temp of 37.0 to 37.3 during day with her normal being 36.6; this follows higher fever with sore throat 2wks ago but ped confirmed no Strep (fever of 38.5 subsided in 3 days) and ped said might be Mono but not confirmed clinically. She had pneumonia Fall 2011 and bout of Kawasaki syndrome with no heart complications Fall of 2010. Both treated successfully with antibiotics and IG. Is elevated temp sign of something more serious going on? She looks and acts fine but have noticed paler complexion of late.
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for tne query.
Before answering your question,I need certain informations from you so that I am in a better situation to answer your query.
What were the anrptibiotics given and for how many days ?
How many days have elapsed since your daughter took her last antibiotic?
Is she complaining of any ear ache or pain in urination?
Is she going fir frequent urination?
Any vomiting or diarrhea now?
Any pain in throat now?

Waiting for you reply.
Follow-up: 8 year child having fever and sore throat. Is it serious? 2 hours later
Azithromycin for 5 days in Oct/11
Not complaining of ear ache or urination pain and is peeing normally
No vomit or diarrhea and no more throat pain
Elevated temp now going on 2wks
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 39 minutes later
You did not understand my question.
I was asking for any antibiotic or medication given for the present fever,your daughter is suffering from.
Since fever is mild and your child is perfectly normal,I would advise wait and watch and maintain her temperature chart every 4 hourly to look for any spike in fever.
Wait for another 2 weeks.
If temperature remains in this range or reduces,then nothing to be done.
If temperature rises or any other symptom develops,you must consult your doctor for thorough evaluation of your child by getting blood work and x-ray chest done.
If required blood and urine culture may also be done.
Best of luck.