6 weeks pregnant. Tested for CRL and embryonic heart beat. What are the findings in the report?

Mar 2016

i have 9 weeks 2days pegnancy,in 6weeks 6 days my CRL is 8.3 mm & my embryonic heart beat is 180b/m. In this stage is this normal in size & beat rate is normal?
Posted Sat, 2 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to us. I have gone through your past obstetric history and ultrasound report in detail.

According to your query,I can comment two thing:

1) Normal Crown Lump Length(CRL) at 6 week 6 days is 9-10 mm. In your case, it is slight lower but corresponds with your gestational age as per calculation. Early in pregnancy CRL is accurate within (+/-) 4 days. So size of embryo/fetus is fine & normal according to ultrasound.

2) Around 6th-8th week of pregnancy,normal heart beat is 120-180 beats/min. It gradually decreases to 120-160 beats/min in the later weeks. So everything is well enough with good cardiac activity on that stage.

Follow some basic guideline for healthy pregnancy:
1) Complete Bed Rest preferably in first trimester.
2) Take Folic acid supplements and Healthy Protein XXXXXXX diet.
3) Avoid long journey/heavy work/stepping uneven surface/high heel shoe.
4) Avoid stress/anxiety/emotional upset & maintain personal hygiene.
5) Drink more water to keep hydrated and eat leafy vegetables/ fruits.
6) Take Iron/ Calcium supplements from 16th week onward with two doses of Tetanus Toxoid (TT).
7) Periodic check up with repeat ultrasound scan for detail review of Feto Placental Profile (FPP). Complete all necessary investigations. Check BP and weight gain at regular interval.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Wish your good health and successful motherhood.