32 weeks pregnant. Taking medicines for constipation. Feeling breathless most of time. What are the complications?

Im 39 years old. I am 32 weeks pregnant with first baby.

Just come home from a two-day stay in hospital. Thought baby was on its way but turned out to be severe constipation. Have been taking prescribed medication which appears to be working. However, I am still getting very tight skin at bottom of stomach/pubic area and I'm carrying very low.

I feel baby is taking up so much room inside me that I can't walk properly. I'm in so much discomfort, I'm just wondering if this is normal and how I can reduce/ease the pain. I can't seem to walk without hunching over and taking weight of my bump in my hands. I'm breathless most of the time and find sitting for long periods uncomfortable but can't walk or do much exercise at all. Baby is very active, sometimes protrudes uncomfortably but I believe this is normal. I have no stretch marks, I'm fairly slight in build and height. Scan done the other day showed baby is absolutely fine but is larger than textbook.

Up until two weeks ago my pregnancy was progressing normally with no problems or complications until this occurred. I am now off sick from work, my maternity starts in two weeks' time. Normally, before pregnancy, I was never an exercise freak but I was always mobile and capable of anything a normally fit and healthy 39-year-old would be.
Posted Thu, 11 Oct 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 14 hours later
Hi and thanks for contacting healthcare magic
First of all congrats on being pregnant. The changes that you have described are all natural and seen in majority of pregnant females in the last trimester.
You may keep the bowels moving and soft by taking some fibres like isapghul husk. You would be more comfortable if you sleep on your side.
Improving your posture by doing some exercises will also help
Diet XXXXXXX in calcium and vitamin D will be good