30 year old having swelling in the feet. Heavy bleeding during menstruation. Causes?

May 2013
Hi, My wife 30 yrs old and only one kid 3 years, has problem of swelling in feet in evening and heavy bleeding in menstrual period, what can be the causes?
Posted Fri, 13 Jul 2012 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

the possibles causes for your wife's symptoms are.

-physiological edema: when we do most of the work either by standing or sitting, by evening swelling of the feet can occur, as they are depending parts.

-anemia and hypoprotenemia: excessive menstrual bleeding because of uterine pathology or hormonal imbalance can lead to anemia and hypoprotenemia which can lead to swelling of the feet.
they will also cause generalized weakness.

-hypothyroidism: in this case we can see both symptoms, heavy menstrual bleeding and swelling of feet.

so let her consult gynecologist once,
-get physical examination done,
-one ultrasound to rule out uterine pathology like fibroids, adenomyosis etc,
-blood investigation like Hemoglobin, total serum proteins, thyroid profile and random blood sugar.

with this basic workup the possible cause for her symptoms could be found out and treatment can be taken accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.