20 yr old, sexually active female, taking Primolut to postpone periods. Missed periods, HPT negative. Am I pregnant ?

i am 20 yrs old sexually active female.i used to have my periods 28-30th every month. In august i took primolut n to delay periods for an ocassion and got my periods on 8th september.I again took a primolut n next month on 7th october but got my periods on 8th october itself as it had already started when i took the pill.This month its been 7 days i have missed my periods and hpt is negative with no visible symptoms of pregnancy as well.also i have my exams going on so the schedule has become hectic.i had missed my periods for 3 months some three years back and suffered from a 10 day delayed period last year.Please advice.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 8 hours later

Your delay in cycle could be because due to hormonal imbalance caused by Primolut-N.

Other causes apart from Primolut- N includes exam stress, and pregnancy.

For above two reasons just wait and watch.

Regarding pregnancy, it needs to be ruled out by repeat test after 1 week. If it comes negative again, you can just wait for your period to come naturally.

Hope, this answers your query. I will be happy to answer your follow up queries if any.