What Pregnancy means for Men
How pregnancy may affect your wife
You may feel that your wife has changed significantly since her pregnancy. You need to understand a few things about this period
and that change- both physical and mental are a natural part of pregnancy.
- In early pregnancy you may notice that your wife's taste changes- she may begin to dislike something that she liked previously and love something that she used to dislike.
- She may have early morning nausea and vomiting.
- There will be physical changes- like enlargement of her breasts. Do not forget that her breasts may be increasingly tender and sensitive.
- She might be extremely moody, irritable or depressed.
- She might not be interested in sex. You need to understand that it is important for you to adjust for her during this period.
- She may have cravings for a particular food. Pamper her to show her how much you care.
- Her appetite may increase. Remember that she requires additional nutrition during this time.
- She might get tired more easily and rest more often.
- In later pregnancy as her uterus grows she will have swelling in her legs and ankles.
Things you can do to help her :
You need to remember that there is a lot than you can do to make life easier for your wife. It is extremely important for you to be by her during this whole period.
- Help her out as much as you can. If you do not have any one to help her out , you should help her out with routine household chores
- Make sure she doesn't have to do heavy physical work or lift heavy weights.
- Make sure she has her supplements and any other medication she has been advised regularly.
- Make sure she eats small but frequent meals.
- Do accompany her to all her prenatal medical examinations. This may not seem very important to you; but there is no better way to show her that you genuinely care.
- Be kind and understanding with her tantrums and mood swings. She need you to be understanding and supportive throughout her pregnancy.
- Make sure you spend adequate time with her during the pregnancy.
- Let your wife take top priority over everything else during her pregnancy.
Related Links :