Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
171 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
MD
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Doctors waiting to answer your question
Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi
MD
Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi

General & Family Physician

Exp 6 years

Dr. Suresh Heijebu
MD
Dr. Suresh Heijebu

General & Family Physician

Exp 9 years

Dr. Vaishalee Punj
MD
Dr. Vaishalee Punj

General & Family Physician

Exp 16 years

Dr.Raju
MD
Dr.Raju

General & Family Physician

Exp 11 years

Dr. Kiran Kumar
MD
Dr. Kiran Kumar

General & Family Physician

Exp 11 years

Dr. Arun Prasad
MD
Dr. Arun Prasad

General Surgeon

Exp 35 years

What happens if child eats mercury

Premium Questions

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko MD

I just used an old thermometer. Must have already been broken. Needless to say the ball of mercury went right down my throat? Anyone know what will happen if anything? ... View answer

Answered by : Dr. Grzegorz Stanko ( General Surgeon)
Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal MD

What are level of mercury and the medication I am taking is Lactulose am 1 ounce -pm 1 ounce prior to eating - legs are seeping ... View answer

Answered by : Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal ( General & Family Physician)
Dr.  Neeraj Kumar MD

I did hair tissue mineral analysis for my 6yrs son, mercury 2.2 (ppm=mg/kg=mcg/g) while the accepted range <0.3, what shall I do, is it removeable ? ... View answer

Answered by : Dr. Neeraj Kumar ( Neurologist)
Dr. Sanjay Kini MD

Hi I was taking my daughters temperature, then she bit the thermometer n I suddenly made her spit, washed her mouth with warm water n took her to the hospital where she was given a stomach wash, then rushed to another... View answer

Answered by : Dr. Sanjay Kini ( General & Family Physician)
Dr.  Pradeep Kumar MD

Day before yesterday My 6 years old son swallowed mercury from broken thermometer. What to do now is it dangerous. ... View answer

Answered by : Dr. Pradeep Kumar ( Pediatrician)

Public Forum Discussions

Dr. Akanksha MD

I think my child eat Mercury while playing but she is actively playing and normal. I found Mercury on floor. I am also not sure that she eat or not. What is the symptoms , is there... View answer

Answered by : Dr. Akanksha ( General & Family Physician)
Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu MD

Hi, my child when 4 days old had eaten (most probably) mixture of milk (with hot water and share of mercury from thermometer). This happened when we wanted to measure the temperature of the boiled... View answer

Answered by : Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu ( Internal Medicine Specialist)
Dr.  Het Ram Bishnoi MD

A crematorium is planned to be adjacent to our elementary school. Based on what I have read, I am concerned about my child inhaling mercury vapors. Although the funeral home states the levels ... View answer

Answered by : Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi ( General & Family Physician)
Dr.     Vignan Rachabattuni MD

Today I was frying doughnuts. I had a candy thermometer in the hot oil. The mercury from the thermometer ran out into the hot oil. When I saw it, I did not use that oil any longer, but we did eat ... View answer

Answered by : Dr. Vignan Rachabattuni ( General & Family Physician)
Dr. Olgeta Xhufka MD

My 2 year old daughter just broke a mercury thermometer, I collected some of the mercury from flloor, i am not sure if that is all of it. Since I was not around when it happened, I am not sure if she ... View answer

Answered by : Dr. Olgeta Xhufka ( General & Family Physician)

Mobile Questions and Answers

Dr. Mahesh Koregol MD

Hi, I read your query and I understand your concerns. Following is my reply: 1) Mercury is dangerous poison. 2) \please take the child to emergency room. Let me know if you have anymore...

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD

Hello, I suggest you to immediately see your doctor as mercury is quite toxic agent and can cause serious problems later. It is better to see your Doctor at the earliest. All the best.

Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf MD

visit hospital to get it washed by gastric lavage