• question-icon

will chlorination of water prevent cholera?

the drinking water which is distributed through public water system is only chlorinated, will chlorination of water is enough to prevent cholera?
Fri, 18 Mar 2011
yes it helps keep the water free of diseases.
monica's  Response
Clorination will help you to kill the bacteria. So i think since choler is also caused by bacteria the chlorination will kill this cholera bacteria also. I think it will prevent cholera, any way better to boil the water, cool it and then drink it
priyankabist's  Response

Yes why not. I have not come across cholera cases in properly maintained sanitation areas where clorinated water is supplied. cholera prevention also requires cultivation of good hygiene and sanitation habits.

simona's  Response
it is better to use water filters to prevent cholera or other infections
dias's  Response
Boil the drinking water before drinking, this is the easiest and safest method to prevent cholera. Chlorinated water has bad taste to drink
sachin's  Response

chlorination is the choice to prevent water borne cholera......