what causes fever during treatment for AID?

Dear Doctor,

This has reference to my 33 yrs old daughter. Some two months back she had severe abdominal pain (the first and only time) and underwent ultrasound scanning for Gallbladder stones. The Radiologist suspected some anomaly in Kidney function and suggested RFT. Her Creatinine level was found to be above 3.1 and eosnophil count to be very high. All other parameters were normal. A biopsy of the kidney was also done.

Our consulting Doctor diagnosed it as Auto Immune Disorder (vasculitis/ vasculosis ?). He put her on Steroids, which she has been taking in tapering doses for the last two months. Moreover she has been prescribed 3 injections of Cyclophosphine (?) one month apart. She has had 2 injections so far. Her Creatinine level has come down to 2.1 and eosnophil count has become normal. She seems to be ok except for the expected side effects of steroids

However over the last 10 days she is getting fever, 100-102 degrees, off and on, mostly late at night or in the mornings, and which persists for 3-4 hours only. This seems to be an additional complication.

Can you please advise as to the efficacy of the line of treatment being followed, the reason for the recurrent fever and what further therapy/ treatment need to be undertaken.

I am very worried and shall be much obliged for a considered opinion.

S.Om Kumar
Tue, 6 Dec 2016