what can i eat not eat when havingg high cholesterol?

what can i eat && not eat when havingg high cholesterol..??...
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
Not a single good response. Check my sources and see for yourself.

I am in my 20 s, slightly underweight. I eat a balanced diet (high in fish and veggies, low in red meats), but have very high cholesterol. I don t know if there is history of heart disease in my family and have no way to find out. Anyone have experience with this or know what could cause this? Everything has checked out okay at the doc, except the high chol. count. I have always been on this same diet, only with even less meat when I was younger. (mother was vegetarian). Thank you for all of your insight! : )

high blood pressure and high cholesterol what foods can you eat? are whole grains bad to eat when you have high blood pressure and high cholesterol? because i heard you should stay away from carbs... and what foods are good to eat? and which should you avoid? this is all new to us and we dont know much about this

Ok my husband had to have blood work done last week. His doctor called today and told him that his cholesterol and blood pressure are very high and that he wants him to come back in 14 days. Can anyone give us tips to lower this cholesterol problem in a quick manner. We would also like a list of foods that he should be eating...I bought some cherios and yogurt and someother things tonight that were low. What we find is strange about this whole thing is that we dont eat much meat in our house. We eat alot of chicken and hamburg, but we buy 80/20 lean. I know that high cholesterol comes from eating meat, this just doesnt make sense to me for people who dont particularly like meat. Thanks for any help or tips.. he is only 34, yes he smokes and drinks alcohol. I am not looking for stupidity on this question, thisis very serious. Some of you may think this is a game until your health goes south. It will come back to you.. Let me refraise the meat situation.. We rarely eat meat, but when we do eat meat, it is chicken and hamburg.. no steak or anything like that....

Recent questions on  Cholesterol

My husband is 47yrs old,found high cholestrol level.ie total cholestrol-233, LDL-145,HDL-40,VLDL48,ratio 3.6,T.G-239.His uric acid level is8.7mg%.he often c/o pain in the knee.Having family h/o cardiac problem(father),he is non vegetarian,non smoker,occasional drinker(max twice in a month,only beer).he is taking Tab.Fibator20mg(contains Atorvastin& the other combination I can t explain) for the last one week.Other blood chemistry like RFT&LFT is normal.blood sugar is 102mg% (fasting).In view of all these,we would like to get a diet chart for him& an expert opinion for his health ...thank ypu

For the past 4 days, my blood pressure has been running anywhere from 130/95 to 120/102. My blood pressure is usually normal (typically 120/78 or so). I have high cholesterol and a family history of heart disease & am 51. What I don t understand is the numbers being close together. My last reading was 119/102.

My age is 40,weight is 76kgs and height is 5 feet and 11 inches. My heartbeat is 82 and blood pressure is 130/80. When ever I try to exercise, after someday my blood pressure becomes high and I feel problem in breathing. I did lung x-ray and it shows o.kay. I tested my lipid profile and hemoglobin test and eeg[color doppler] test. Av is slightly enlarged. In lipid profile triglyceride is 345 and cholesterol is 240. I checked my diet and took medicines. The problem is less but not totally cured.

I have been having an issue with internal tremors. It wakes me up during my sleep all of the time. I have systemic lupus and RA; however, this started about a month ago and I was diagnosed with RA and lupus 14 years ago. What could possibly cause this. My cholesterol and triglycerides are very high also.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Hi, Can you please check my blood, ecg and usg reports and let me know on which areas should I take care? Also, any suggestions on any specific diet to control the problem areas and medications if any?

My Mother has gone through the medical health check-up.I need your input over the attached reports.